Reggies Solidarity Cooperative Bar is hiring an Administrative Manager!
Reggies Solidarity Cooperative Bar is Concordia’s student run on-campus social hub. As a cooperative, Reggies aims to empower its worker members, provide affordable food and drinks to its user members while providing an accessible venue for student groups and community members. The Administrative Manager will work closely with the Operations and Kitchen Manager as the key leadership team of the Coop.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
Worker Members Management
- In collaboration with the Board and Management team, coordinate the recruitment and hiring of worker members
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and support to achieve organizational excellence
- Ensure that worker member schedules are prepared in a timely manner
- Ensure labor costs objectives are adhered too and empower worker members in new responsibilities as needed
- Ensure the Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times; provide operational guidance as required
Financial Reporting and Stock Management
- Oversee account payables and receiveables
- Generate sales reports
- Maintain effective stock management and report any movement to the bookkeeper
- Conduct monthly inventory with the operations and kitchen managers
- In collaboration with the bookkeeper, ensure that payroll is completed on a bi-weekly basis
- Participate and/or act as the chair in the finance committee
- In collaboration with the board, develop yearly budgets
- Act as a liaison and coordinate the yearly third party financial statements
- Ensure all the permits and legal obligations of the Coop are fulfilled
Customer Service & Member Relations
- Foster a dynamic, respectful and clean environment for customers and worker members
- Facilitate avenues for member input and consultation regularly, address feedback in a courteous, efficient and timely manner
- Support Treasurer in updating and maintaining membership database
Team & Board of the Entity
- Participate on the Board of Directors of the entity, as an observer, and contribute to the governance
- Facilitate policy development in collaboration with the Board and committees
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board of Directors as needed
- Act as the liaison on behalf of the Board to both the Government, Concordia administration and Worker members.
- Prepare a written monthly activity and financial status report identifying critical activities and changes
Desired Background & Experience
- 3+ years in administrative or financial roles
- 5+ years in the service/hospitality industry
- Experience in cooperative business management
- Proven track record of working in a leadership capacity
- A collaborative spirit that enjoys working as a part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
For this 5 month contract, the Administrative Manager will be paid $15,600 to $20,800 depending on their weekly hourly contributions (full time schedule 30-40 hours with fluctuations to be negotiated among the management team).
This is a 5 month contract with 2 weeks paid vacation and the option for annual renewal (which would include up to 6 weeks paid vacation). Additionally this position is also eligible for the health and dental plan.
This position will primarily involve in-person work from the Reggies main office located on Concordia University SGW Campus but may also include some remote work from time to time.
The Application Deadline is August 7th at midnight
Please submit your cover letter and CV via the following link:
Your cover letter should highlight your experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Cooperative business management
- Financial administration capacity
- Ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The interview dates will be on August 10th & 11th
The position will begin August 15th
Reggies thanks all who apply. Only candidates considered for interviews will be contacted.