POSITION TITLE: General Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Board of Directors
POSITION: Full Time
Deadline to apply: July 18th, 2017
To apply: send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter
The philosophy of Reggies Solidarity Cooperative is to give a safer space to students, faculty and community members around the Concordia Campus for them to enjoy good and affordable food and drinks and to provide a place where they can plan events. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for the day to day activities such to: (i) ensure that staff maintain an appropriate bar/kitchen inventory; (ii) handling deliveries and ensure prompt payments of suppliers and staff; (iii) recruit, train and motivate staff; (iv) enforce health and safety rules and liquor permit restrictions;(v) report finances to the board of directors and; (vi) plan and facilitate the space booking for events; (vii) ensure high customer service and being mindful of the institute in which we operate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I- Staff Management
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of staff to ensure the needs of the non-profit are met.
- Ensure that staffing levels are adequate, efficient and cost-effective at all times.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of training including on-going training for staff.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and support for direct reports and set an example of being results-focused and aiming to achieve excellence.
- Undertake monthly performance reviews and annual appraisals of direct reports, and identify individual training needs.
II- Financial and Stock Management
- Maintain awareness of the financial performance of all income areas and work with staff to ensure a sustainable establishment.
- Ensure margin and sales objectives are met.
- Responsible for effective stock management and control; ensure that the movement of all purchased goods is adequately recorded and reported to Finance, including orders, deliveries, transfers, returns; prepare and assist with stock checks as required.
- Accountable for the security of all resources including stock and cash and the training of staff in stock and cash controls, ensuring systems are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that the POS system is used effectively and the database is maintained
- Communicating effectively with staff
- Recruit, train, supervise, support and motivate all staff
- Contribute to training and motivating of staff
- Ensure that staff schedules are prepared regularly
IV- Health and Safety
- Ensure the H&S regulations are adhered to at all times; provide operational guidance to all staff as required.
- Ensure staff are fully trained in all relevant policies, procedures and H&S working practices.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety of customers, suppliers and staff at all times.
- Ensure that all areas of the establishment are clean and safe and that any maintenance needs are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that the approved quota limit set by the “Régis des alcools, des courses et des jeux” is compliant with regulations.
V- Financial Reporting
- Balance previous night’s floats and cashes;
- Prepare and make deposits for each department, food, bar, events
- Prepare relevant information to be given to accounting for invoicing of previous day’s events;
- Generate daily sales reports to be submitted to the accounting department on a daily basis;
- Calculate and submit costs margins and selling price of all products and menus to the Board of Directors
- Monitor the operations’ financial performance and make relevant recommendations to Board of Directors
- Prepare payroll information to be submitted to Accounting on a weekly basis.
- Develop yearly budgets
VI- Customer Service
- Ensure that all staff deliver exceptional customer care and receive regular training in customer service.
- Deal with customer feedback, whether positive or negative, in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Provide a clean, attractive environment for customers at all times.
- Be a leader of the safer space policy and influence others to follow good the example
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
The General Manager receives general direction from the Board of Directors. Considerable freedom is granted in the day-to-day work and organization.
1) The General Manager is responsible for the Bar Manager, the Kitchen Manager, the security team and Book Keeper. He/she is ultimately responsible for the entire staff and personnel.
2) Nature of supervision: Allocate and check work of staff being supervised. Initiate hiring and disciplining of staff members.
1) High paced environment.
2) Overtime may be required from time to time.
3) Availability for replacement of Bar or Kitchen Manager and to be on call for emergencies.
4) Equipment used: computer, Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- At least 2 years’ experience managing/supervising a bar and entertainment outlet
- Good communication skills in English (French is a good asset)
- Integrity, good planning skills, interpersonal skills, high degree of organization skills;
- Autonomous and self-motivated; proven team player
- Experience of delivering a high quality service and demonstrating good customer service
- Understanding of budgets and experience in monitoring financial performance
- Understanding and experience of dealing with conflict situations
- Good understanding of licensing regulations, statutory regulations and best practice in licensed trade
- Good understanding of Health and safety policy and procedure (MAPAQ)
- Good communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Ability to develop productive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Dedicated and determined individual who can achieve deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Committed to the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with the cooperative model
- Ability to work under a different management team every year